Posted 2 months ago | by @devadmin
We are pleased to announce that in our partnership with Gitcoin, we have now launched the last phase of our DApp Incubation Program. The finale of the Cartesi DApp Incubation Program consists of a Gitcoin Grants Round in which we are contributing a matching pool of $20K US.
Our three incubation program projects, Creol, SimThunder, and Carti, who all built their products with Cartesi’s Descartes SDK, will feature their projects and how they have progressed over the last 3 months. The 3 incubation program teams will be accepting donations from the community to decide how our $20K matching pool gets distributed through Gitcoin’s Quadratic Funding.
Contribute here: https://gitcoin.co/grants/cartesi
Powered by Quadratic Funding “The Mathematically Optimal Way to Democratically Fund Public Goods” – Glen Weyl Quadratic…
How it Works
The Gitcoin Grants round allows anyone to choose to donate to one of our three DApp Incubation Program projects. All donations will be matched according to Quadratic Funding from our $20K US matching pool.
If you’re new to Quadratic Funding, check out Vitalik’s Retro of a previous round. In summary, the number of unique donors matters more than the amount donated, so even a $1 donation can yield a $100+ match from the pool. We are excited to see how the community donates and the future of our incubation program projects!
Gitcoin Grants Round Details
- Cartesi Gitcoin Grants Round: https://gitcoin.co/grants/cartesi
- Matching Pool from Cartesi: $20,000 US
- Donation Start: February 17, 2021
- Donation End: February 28, 2021
DApp Incubation Program Participants
Our DApp Incubation Program has been a great success. Through our 3 month journey with the incubation program projects, we have discovered amazing use cases for Cartesi and our Descartes SDK, opening up the world of possibilities for general use cases in Internet of Things (IoT), NFT marketplaces, and tooling that can be built out. We are excited to present these to the community, and boost their future success with our $20K matching pool.
View all 3 projects and donate directly from our grants page on Gitcoin!
- Creol: Creol Environments is an IoT commercial building control system that automatically implements carbon offsets in realtime, rendering the control system carbon-neutral. Creol is implementing Cartesi into their IoT devices to ensure that building stats measurements and computations are verifiable and securely inserted on Ethereum. Integrating Cartesi with their hardware is rendering their IoT system more resilient and fraud-proof. Contribute to Creol here!
- SimThunder: is working to make sim racing more fun and realistic. SimThunder is using Cartesi to ensure that transactions in their NFT marketplace are private, without sacrificing verifiable proof of ownership. Contribute to SimThunder here!
- Carti: is an infrastructure project that aims to bring packaging technology to life on Cartesi. The objective is to allow developers to have programmatic access to retrieve Cartesi Machines, leading to a better development experience. Contribute to Carti here!
We would like to thank all of the communities connected with Cartesi and Gitcoin to make this grants round happen. We look forward to the future of these 3 DApps built on Descartes and paving new ways forward for Cartesi in IoT, NFT’s, tooling, and more.
About Gitcoin and Gitcoin Grants
Gitcoin is a mission to grow open source and a community for developers to collaborate and monetize their skills while working on Open Source projects through bounties.
Gitcoin Grants is an experiment where people can fund their open source projects for public benefit with QF (Quadratic Funding) matching contributions from Gitcoin’s QF Fund sponsored by donors in the Ethereum ecosystem.
Cartesi’s Ecosystem Links:
Discord (Development Community): https://discordapp.com/invite/Pt2NrnS
Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/cartesiannouncements
Original article published on Cartesi’s Medium.