Posted 8 months ago | by @devadmin
A job offer for Spotify seems to indicate that the company may start accepting cryptocurrencies including stablecoins and Libra (Diem.)
The job posting published on jobs.lever.co, a well-known site that companies use for hiring posted an offer looking for an Associate Director in its Payments division specifically for Strategy and Innovation as well as Strategy and Planning. The job responsibilities consist of, playing “a key part in defining and implementing Spotify’s payments strategy as well as leading Spotify’s activity within the Libra stablecoin project and wider digital asset & cryptocurrency space.”
To emphasize the listing suggests that the role will lead “day-to-day engagement with the Libra Association,” and that, “You will drive further consideration of new opportunities and innovation in the emerging ecosystem of distributed ledger technology, blockchains, cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) and other digital assets.”
What you’ll do:
- Play a key role in defining Spotify’s global payment strategy and medium-term focus areas to meet the needs of our ecosystem of consumers, creators and advertisers.
- You will assess the global payments landscape, looking at both the present day and future developments and understand the impact for Spotify.
- You will lead Spotify’s day-to-day engagement with the Libra Association.
- You will drive further consideration of new opportunities and innovation in the emerging ecosystem of distributed ledger technology, blockchains, cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) and other digital assets.
- You will make use of Spotify’s global footprint to seek out innovation in the payments domain globally as well as emerging regulatory & market trends that could influence Spotify’s approach to payments.
- In addition to strategy development for payments, you will lead and execute on specific strategic initiatives, working closely with commercial, product and engineering teams.
- You will evangelise the payments strategy & capabilities internally and externally to all key stakeholders and help to build and lead a communications plan to help build Spotify’s reputation as a market leader in payments.
Who you are:
- You are commercially minded with substantial experience in strategy and execution.
- You have extensive relevant work experience as a thought leader, with significant professional exposure to the online payments and e-commerce space and a deep knowledge of international payments and regulatory developments for payments, ideally at a global level.
- You have extensive experience in developing strategies and solution in blockchain/digital assets and an appetite to drive participation at a global scale
- You have extensive experience in developing strategy within the payments environment and a track record in deriving insights and developing recommendations and action plans.
- You are skilled at leading and executing complex projects spanning multiple stakeholders and know how to get things done in a larger organisation where you are not always in direct control of all the resources and competencies to get the job done.
- You have a strong track record of interacting collaboratively with colleagues in tech and product domains.
- You have a highly analytical and data-driven approach to decision making, extremely rigorous when it comes to numbers and can easily conceptually get your head around complex multi-variable optimisation problems.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You are an experienced strategic storyteller with a track record in developing compelling narratives for a diverse range of audiences.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and care about building trust and credibility at all levels.
Libra plans to launch next month in January of next year rebranded as Diem. Throughout Diem’s existence, several partners quit the project including — PayPal, Mastercard, Visa, Vodafone, and eBay to name a few names. However, one company has shown unwavering support and that’s Spotify. This looks to be a sneak peek of what’s to come.
If you are interested in applying for Spotify to be their Associate Director of Payments Strategy and Innovative team you can apply here.
Bitcoin is currently trading at [FIAT: $19,381.79] UP +1.4% in the last 24 hours according to Coingecko at the time of this report