Posted 1 year ago | by @devadmin
February 26, 2021 — February has been a significant month of progress for Cartesi! We are starting 2021 off with the bang to lead into the year. We’ve begun bringing more awareness to what we are building and have had significant expansion in our community and partnerships.
The Cartesi team recently released our updated roadmap for 2021 alongside staking achievements, a growing number of organic nodes, and a rush of new community members.
In addition to this, we announced integrations and partnerships with Avalanche and Elrond. This is part of our ongoing initiatives to integrate with the most important blockchains and support the development of smart contracts using Linux and mainstream software components. By integrating with these important blockchain communities, Cartesi gains access to an entirely new community of developers, supporters, and awareness.
Alongside this significant progress, we also entered the last phase of our DApp Incubation Program with the 3 teams that are currently building on our live product, the Descartes SDK. We featured full articles on what Creol, SimThunder, and Carti are building, including live interviews. The projects are now in the last 2 days of Cartesi’s $20K Quadratic Funding round on Gitcoin Grants.
Read on to find out more!
Partnerships and Integrations
We were thrilled to announce that Cartesi partnered with Elrond (EGLD) to integrate optimistic rollups for high computational scalability and enabling a Linux runtime for smart contracts. Cartesi and Elrond will collaborate from 2021 on the integration, working together to onboard the next billion people and bring blockchain to mainstream adoption.
In light of our partnership, Augusto Teixeira, Chief Scientific Officer at Cartesi also ran an AMA in Elrond’s Telegram Community. Lots of great questions were made about the partnership, integration, and what Cartesi will enable on Elrond. Read the full recap!
In addition, we also announced that Cartesi will be integrating its layer-2 infrastructure with Avalanche (AVAX), enabling a Linux environment for smart contracts and higher computational scalability.
Descartes, Cartesi’s decentralized computational oracle, will be available on Avalanche in Q1 2021, followed by a combined research effort with Ava Labs on how to further integrate the Cartesi Machine (Cartesi’s Linux VM) with Avalanche. This research hopes to foster the adoption of these technologies with ecosystem collaborations and combined grant programs.
Cartesi and Avalanche will continue to work closely together to allow for easy deployments of DApps for developers, and most importantly, the mainstream adoption of blockchain-enabled solutions.
These partnerships and integrations are part of Cartesi’s continual emphasis on the mainstream adoption of blockchain tech and its commitment to allowing developers to deploy their DApps on the most relevant blockchains. Through integrating with these important blockchain communities, Cartesi gains access to an entirely new community of developers, supporters, and awareness.
In addition, we will have specific initiatives that occur with each integration or partnership, including combined grant program efforts.
Stay tuned for more exciting news and developments on these initiatives to come.
CTSI Reserve Mining & Staking
In expanding CTSI Reserve Mining and our Staking ecosystem, we were also pleased to integrate with Staking Rewards, a Leading Data Provider for Staking and Crypto Growth Tools. Our listing on Staking Rewards allows us to be easily discovered and referenced through real-time, transparent, and verifiable staking data to the wider crypto ecosystem and staking enthusiasts.
View our listing: https://www.stakingrewards.com/earn/cartesi/overview
During February, we also saw significant organic growth towards bootstrapping Noether. We have now hit a milestone of over 40,000,000 CTSI staked, 127 nodes, and a 14.7% participation rate at the time of writing.
In addition, Noether’s PoS v1.1 is nearing release, as mentioned in our development recap.
As a reminder, visit our CTSI Reserve Mining website for more info on participating and joining the ecosystem.
DApp Incubation Program Teams and $20K Matching Round on Gitcoin Grants
We also entered the last phase of our DApp Incubation Program with the 3 teams that are currently building on our live product, the Descartes SDK.
We are now in the last two days of Cartesi’s $20K Quadratic Funding round on Gitcoin Grants, if you’re interested in participating you can contribute now: https://gitcoin.co/grants/cartesi
Cartesi DApp Incubation Program Spotlight — IoT: Creol
Reputable carbon reduction certifications made possible with the help of Cartesi
Cartesi Incubator Spotlight-NFTs: SimThunder
Disrupting Esports with blockchain technology
Cartesi Incubator Spotlight-Infrastructure: Carti
Bringing packaging technology to life on Cartesi
We were extremely pleased with the outcome of our first DApp Incubation Program and the teams that are building on the Descartes SDK. As we release Descartes 1.0 and Descartes Rollups, we can’t wait to see what’s to come.
In addition, we are now in the planning stages of a brand new grant program. If you are interested in developing with Cartesi, don’t forget to join our development community on Discord and follow along.
Summary of Ecosystem Updates in February
- Release of Cartesi’s 2021 Roadmap
- February Development Recap
- Partnership with Elrond Network
- AMA Recap with Elrond Network on Cartesi’s Partnership
- Cartesi (CTSI) Listing on StakingRewards.com
- Over 40M CTSI Now Staked
- Collaboration with Avalanche
- Cartesi DApp Incubation Program Spotlight — IoT: Creol
- Cartesi Incubator Spotlight-NFTs: SimThunder
- Cartesi Incubator Spotlight-Infrastructure: Carti
- Cartesi’s $20K Quadratic Funding Matching Round on Gitcoin Grants
Cartesi in the Media
- Cartesi on CoinTelegraph: New Project Uses Rollups to Build Linux Based Decentralized Computer
- Crypto Briefing: Cartesi Unveils Optimistic Rollups to Scale Ethereum DApps
- Optimistic Rollups have arrived for Ethereum aiming to lower tx fees
- Cartesi (CTSI) Introduces Optimistic Rollups Solution for Ethereum (ETH) Scalability
- Optimistic Rollups for Ethereum Scaling have been Unveiled by Cartesi — CoinCheckup Blog — Cryptocurrency News, Articles & Resources
- Cartesi Unveils Optimistic Rollups Aiming to Reduce Ethereum Transaction Fees
- Cartesi Unveils Optimistic Rollups for Ethereum Scaling | Coinspeaker
- Cartesi (CTSI) Introduces Optimistic Rollups Solution for Ethereum (ETH) Scalability | Headlines | News | CoinMarketCap
- Cartesi Review: CTSI Worth It? Complete Project Overview!!
- UNDISPUTED 2021 Moonshot CHAMPION: HOTTEST Underrated Crypto
- Yahoo Money: This Project Bridges The Gap Between Blockchain And Mainstream Software Stacks
- TechBullion: Smart contracts? Cartesi Speaks The Language of Linux
- Cartesi (CTSI) — Solving the Problem of Blockchain Scalability with Rollups — Product Release & Updates — Altcoin Buzz
- Cartesi Joins Forces With Elrond: Innovating Smart Contracts
- Yahoo Finance: This Project Bridges The Gap Between Blockchain And Mainstream Software Stacks
- CoinPedia: Cartesi Collaborated With Elrond
Community Created Content
- CryptoCactus Review
- Social Mining
- And a lot more pieces of content across social media. Thank you!
As our community continues to expand, we highlight some of the most noteworthy pieces of content created for Cartesi on a monthly basis. If you want to be featured in next month’s update, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to stay up to date? Make sure to join our announcements channel on Telegram:
Cartesi’s Official News & Announcements Telegram Channel. Cartesi Takes Smart Contracts on Ethereum to the Next Level…
Cartesi’s Ecosystem Links:
Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/cartesiannouncements
Discord (Development Community): https://discordapp.com/invite/Pt2NrnS
Original article published on Cartesi’s Medium.