Posted 1 month ago | by Catoshi Nakamoto
Adoption Inbound: Cartesi Labs $1M US Ecosystem Fund, Binance Pay, and more!
April 30, 2021 — April has been another busy month for the Cartesi team! We are working non-stop with the goal of decentralizing the world and paving the way for adoption by bringing the next million developers to blockchain.
One of our most exciting announcements for this month includes launching Cartesi Labs, a $1,000,000 US ecosystem fund that offers a suite of programs to drive the adoption of Cartesi’s technology and ecosystem. We also kicked this off by announcing a partnership with IMPA to launch a local Cartesi Lab at one of the world’s most renowned mathematics institutes.
In addition to this, we announced integrations and new listings for CTSI on Polygon, pairs on Quickswap, and integrated CTSI with Binance Pay. We also worked hard on development and our upcoming milestones for this quarter, recapping our achievements in this month’s update.
Alongside these exciting announcements, we also achieved rapid growth on Noether, now having over 70M CTSI now staked, released a new transparency report for the latest foundation release, an April update video, an abundance of AMA’s, a new tech feature on how we’ll enable smart cities, and lots of media coverage!
Want to learn more about April’s movements listed above? We’ve summarized each of them for you, have a read below:
Cartesi Labs offers a one-stop-shop for education, incubation, funding, and acceleration of project teams and founders looking to build on Cartesi’s game-changing platform. Collaborating with prominent mentors and with extended support from venture capital partners and niche accelerators, Cartesi Labs will be funded by the Cartesi Foundation with an initial amount of $1,000,000 US in available funds, consisting of four arms.
Check it out and apply to a program now at https://cartesi.io/labs
Cartesi Labs at IMPA
Cartesi will be partnering with IMPA to create an arm of Cartesi Labs, working with aspiring PhD’s and professionals who will contribute to research and development activities, expanding on new or existing projects the Cartesi team is currently working on. The activities performed in the Cartesi Lab will focus on further expanding and improving existing Cartesi products, as well as performing in-depth R&D within several industries including blockchain technology and decentralized computing.
Smart Cities Deserve Smart Contracts: The Missing Piece of the Enterprise IoT Puzzle
With Cartesi, IoT companies can ensure the authenticity and integrity of data in a trustless and secure manner.
We’re paving the way for an explosion of opportunities within the IoT industry through the introduction of verifiable computation.
Partnerships and Integrations
In a big move towards expanding the use-cases and utility of CTSI, we integrated CTSI with Binance Pay!
Cartesi’s CTSI was added as a payment method on Binance Pay. Millions of Binance users and participating merchants are now able to make and receive payments in CTSI!
We announced that CTSI holders can now wrap their CTSI and take advantage of the fast-speeds and low-cost transactions on Polygon.
Following this, we announced that new pairs were added to Quickswap!
CTSI Polygon (Matic PoS Chain) Address: https://explorer-mainnet.maticvigil.com/address/0x2727Ab1c2D22170ABc9b595177B2D5C6E1Ab7B7B/transactions
CTSI Activities and Staking
During April, we saw an explosion of organic growth on Noether. We have now hit a milestone of over 70M CTSI staked via Noether’s PoS System, and at the time of writing 200 nodes, resulting in a 23.3% participation rate.
As a reminder, visit our CTSI Reserve Mining website for more info on participating and joining the ecosystem.
We also held several rounds of Binance Savings for CTSI:
April 2021 Foundation Unlock Transparency Report
As the most recent unlock of Cartesi Tokens (CTSI) occurred on April 23rd, 2021, we were pleased to provide another official transparency report on the Cartesi Foundation’s governance, operations and how CTSI tokens are allocated in succession to our previous transparency reports.
Welcome to the Team
We had a rapid month of expansion at the Cartesi team, onboarding over 7 additional team members, with no intention of slowing this down.
Throughout April, we onboarded several engineers and business professionals:
- Victor Yves (Software Engineer) & Zehui Zheng (Blockchain Engineer)
- Gabriel Ligneul (Software Engineer) & Vinicius Farias Ribeiro (Head of Expansion)
- Marcelo Castellani (Software Engineer), Claudio Silva (Project Manager), & Mayowa Tudon (Software Engineer)
At the beginning of the month, Erick de Moura (Cartesi CEO) released a new update video on Cartesi
We also held several AMA’s throughout the month:
- AMA Recap with Polygon featuring Cartesi’s Chief Scientific Officer, Augusto Teixeira
- AMA session with Arjun Kalsy, VP Growth from Polygon (MATIC) in the Cartesi Telegram community
- AMA Recap with GAINS Associates featuring Erick de Moura, CEO at Cartesi
- AMA in the Turkish @Tutulamayanlar Telegram Community with Bruno Maia, Head of BD at Cartesi
- AMA with the Chinese Lian’an finance community on wechat with Colin Steil, COO at Cartesi
If you are interested in developing with Cartesi, don’t forget to join our development community on Discord and follow along.
Also, make sure to apply to the brand new Cartesi Labs program!
Cartesi in the Media
- Ecosystem of Ethereum Scaling Solutions
- #1 Ethereum Solution
- Cartesi (CTSI) | IOTA Partnership Boosts Smart Contract Adoption of IoT — Business Partnerships — Altcoin Buzz
- CoinTelegraph: Celer (CELR), Cartesi (CTSI) and Compound (COMP) rally as DeFi heats up
- 5 BEST Underrated Low Cap Crypto Gems
- Cartesi Partners With IMPA to Open “Smart Contract Laboratory”
- 4 MOST Explosive Altcoins I LOVE Right NOW
- Cartesi Labs: Fostering the Future of Smart Contract Development
- Greatest Recovery For Bitcoin & Ethereum (2021 Crypto Bull Run)
- ALTCOINS SOARING!! Harmony, Ethereum, THETA, Cardano, XRP and AIOZ + MASSIVE Binance & Gemini News ?
Cartesi’s Ecosystem Links:
Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/cartesiannouncements
Discord (Development Community): https://discordapp.com/invite/Pt2NrnS
Original article published on Cartesi’s Medium.